- Our sheep casings are sourced from EU approved abattoirs where only the most skilled craftsmen are employed to harvest them from the carcass.
- Our casings are obtained from the sheep cleanly and the go on to receive further processing, by removing both the inner and outer layer.
- After this processing by skilled operatives, Irish Casings are left with the best white and transparent material which can be used for sausage production.
Extensive Testing & Preservation
The casing goes through a rigorous selection process which grades the sheep casings into A, AB and B quality. This process ensures only the finest quality product is available to the customer.
- As part of this process, casings are selected into different sizes, called calibres.
- After selection the sheep casings are cleaned and measured into required length, usually 91m.
- Casings are then salted or spooled / tubed depending on customer requirements.
- Irish Casing Company only use salt to preserve the sheep casings. This method offers the considerable advantage that their slipperiness is maintained, without compromising on their shelf life.